- Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (1992) .. David Lynch
- El (1953) .. Luis Buñuel
- The Criminal Life of Archibaldo de la Cruz (1955) .. Luis Buñuel
- The Boys of Fengkuei (1983) .. Hou Hsiao-hsien
- Time Regained (1999) .. Raoul Ruiz
- Le Plaisir (1952) .. Max Ophüls
- The Reckless Moment (1949) .. Max Ophüls
Often dismissed as a maker of "women's pictures."
- Written on the Wind (1956) .. Douglas Sirk
- Days of Being Wild (1990) .. Wong Kar Wai
- Swallowtail Butterfly (1996) .. Iwai Shunji
Ambitious, messy, enthralling, like a better version of Richard Kelly's Southland Tales.
- Millennium Actress (2001) .. Kon Satoshi
- Paranoia Agent (2004) .. Kon Satoshi
Greatest animated series ever made.
- Bitter Moon (1992) .. Roman Polanski
- My Winnipeg (2007) .. Guy Maddin
For some reason this guy never gets any real respect, never gets into the "big" festivals, when really he is doing better work now than David Lynch or Jim Jarmusch.
- Les Amants du Pont-Neuf (1991) .. Leos Carax
One of the greatest romances; Carax gets no respect either.
- Holy Smoke (1999) .. Jane Campion
Nobody does female psychology and unlikable women better.
- Hana-Bi (1997) .. Kitano Takeshi
Beat Takeshi is unfortunately not well known in the
- Lacombe Lucien (1974) .. Louis Malle
One of the best psychological WWII films, often overlooked when one is thinking about those kinds of films.
- Memories of Murder (2003) .. Bong Joon-ho
Newish, but deserves to be a classic because it's one of the best and most original crime procedurals ever made.